Are you planning to visit Samarkand, Uzbekistan? Here, we have mentioned the 7 best hotels in Samarkand that can be the best stay option for you.
Rich in historical aspects, Samarkand is located in the Zarafshan River valley. It is the second-largest settlement in Uzbekistan and is as old as ancient cities like Rome or Babylon.
Samarkand is a rare antiquity spirit treasure today. A wealth of both material and spiritual elements make it eligible for UNESCO’s World Heritage List. The city is well renowned for its distinctive old architectural structures, the legacy of scientific and artistic institutions, and artisanal workshops.
The spectacular Islamic architecture of Samarkand, Uzbekistan’s mosques, and mausoleums are one of the main attractions. The city was referred to as “The Pearl of the Eastern Muslim World” by poets and historians.
If you are planning to visit Samarkand, this article might be helpful for you. In order to help you choose a hotel in Samarkand, we have included some of the top hotels in Samarkand below for those who intend to visit the city as a tourist.
Suggested– There are a few reasons that will tell you why you should visit Uzbekistan.
Consider the following Factors while selecting the Best Hotels in Samarkand
As soon as you have chosen a certain location, make sure you agree to and adhere to a set budget. Even if you completely understand that this is a vacation and you want to have fun, give it some thought.
A normal hotel in Samarkand will set you back between $24 and $60. If you want a different bedroom for yourself and your loved ones or if you desire something lavish, the price range may increase to $96-$121.
Making “location” a top consideration when picking a hotel is crucial. You know your needs, thus you are the only one who can advise on the greatest facilities to take into account while making a decision.
Make sure you give crucial things a top priority. This merely means that you must confirm that the hotel has all of the APPROPRIATE features and amenities.
For instance, you must be sure to reserve separate hotel rooms for your older children (such as teenagers and young adults).
Make sure the amenities, such as complimentary breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, swimming pools, and others, are described in detail.
Both the hotel personnel and the locals of Samarkand are friendly. Your wants and desires are attended to by knowledgeable and amiable staff.
Because they are fluent in all the major languages, the employees can communicate with visitors effectively.
Finally, we will unquestionably advise you to read evaluations of the employees to see what past visitors had to say about them.
5. Price Legend ($ Per Night)
- $ = Below $50
- $$ = $50 – $100
- $$$ = Above $100
Suggested – Wanna buy gifts from Uzbekistan for your close ones? Know the best things to bring from Uzbekistan that you can gift your close ones.
Top Hotels in Samarkand, Uzbekistan
Let’s start discovering the best hotels in Samarkand –
1. Best Overall Hotel in Samarkand – Medina Hotel Samarkand
In Samarkand, the Medina Hotel is one of the best overall hotels for all kinds of tourists. This property’s amenities include free WiFi, a restaurant, a communal lounge, and room service. Each room at the Medina Hotel Samarkand is furnished with clean towels, and bed linens, and proper hygiene is maintained.
The lodging offers a continental breakfast each morning. Samarkand International Airport, which is 4 kilometers from the hotel, is the closest airport for tourists to travel from and to the hotel.
Medina Hotel Samarkand at a glance
- Location: 53 Dagbitskaya, 140120 Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Price: $$
- Room Types Offered: Standard Double Room, Deluxe King Room, Deluxe Triple Room, Deluxe Queen Room Available
- Food Information: 1 Restaurant On-Site, coffee house, and Mini Bar Available.
2. Best Luxury Hotel in Samarkand – Hotel DiliMah Premium Luxury
Do you want to experience the best of luxury while visiting Samarkand? Then this hotel is for you!
The Samarkand Hotel DiliMah Premium Luxury has a garden and a seasonally open outdoor pool. The building includes a communal lounge and a terrace. Staff at the reception are available to assist at any time of day and are multilingual.
Hotel DiliMah Premium Luxury at a glance
- Location: Mirzo Ulug’bek Ko’chasi Мирзо Улугбека 79 А, 140103 Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Price: $$$
- Room Types Offered: Double Room, Superior King Room, Twin room, Family suite room, Junior suite Available
- Food Information: 1 Restaurant On-Site, A la carte.
3. Best Hotel in Samarkand For Solo Travelers – Emirkhan Hotel Samarkand
Are you up for a solo city tour? Are you unsure of the hotel you should choose? Relax! We have chosen the top hotel for solo travelers in Samarkand.
Within a 10-minute stroll from Samarkand Bus Station, the Emirkhan Hotel in Samarkand is located. The restroom has complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. There is a garden and a front desk in the Emirkhan Hotel.
The resort is only a 10-minute drive from Samarkand Train Station, and Samarkand International Airport is 4.5 kilometers distant, to help tourists travel easily and explore the city.
Emirkhan Hotel at a glance
- Location: Dahbet Street 46 A, 140120 Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Price: $$
- Room Types Offered: Standard Double Room, King suite, Standard Twin room, suite, and Junior suite Available
- Food Information: 1 Restaurant On-Site, Buffet
4. Best Hotels in Samarkand for Couples – Hotel Bibikhanum
Are you looking for the ideal romantic trip with your significant other? Do you like to enjoy the city’s beauty while relaxing at the hotel? So be sure to stay at this hotel!
In Samarkand, the Bibikhanum Hotel offers beautiful mountain views. Visitors can eat in the restaurant or have a drink at the bar at the hotel, which also includes a terrace with city views.
Staff members at the front desk are available around-the-clock and speak English, French, and Russian.
Hotel BibiKhanum at a glance
- Location: Tashkent street 10, 140101 Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Price: $$
- Room Types Offered: Standard Double Room, Standard Twin room, Standard Triple Room Available
- Food Information: 1 Restaurant On-Site, Bar, minibar, and coffee house on site.
5. Best Family Hotel in Samarkand – Hilton Garden Inn Samarkand
When you travel with family, you have a lot of responsibilities since you have to take care of everyone’s needs—children need a play area, and parents need a place to unwind and relax!
We, therefore, have chosen the best family hotel in Samarkand which is complete with all the conveniences.
In Samarkand, the Hilton Garden Inn has a restaurant, exercise center, garden, and shared living space. The 4-star hotel’s rooms all have views of the city, and guests have access to a sauna and a hammam.
Every morning, breakfast is offered and comprises a buffet, Full English/Irish, and Italian selections.
Hilton Garden Inn Samarkand Hotel at a glance
- Location: Dagbed 2, Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Price: $$
- Room Types Offered: King and Deluxe King Room, Twin room, Family connecting room Available
- Food Information: 1 Restaurant On-Site
6. Best Business Hotel in Samarkand – Shaxzoda Elite Hotel
Do you need a business hotel for meetings and work purposes? We introduce to you Shaxzoda Elite Hotel, the greatest business hotel in Samarkand city if you want to unwind and work at the same time with a suitable lounge space and all the amenities needed for a business trip stay.
It has complimentary Wi-Fi, an indoor pool, and a sauna with a fusion of European and Asian characteristics. The distance to Central Park is 2.7 kilometers and the distance between the Shaxzoda and the airport is 10 kilometers making it convenient to travel.
Shaxzoda Elite Hotel at a glance
- Location: Uzbekistanskaya 32, 140105 Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Price: $$
- Room Types Offered: Superior Double Room, Deluxe Triple Room, Large double or Twin room, Available
- Food Information: 1 Restaurant On-Site, Local & Asian Cuisines
7. Best Budget Hotel in Samarkand – Hotel Billuri Sitora
It can be really scary to visit a new city on a limited budget occasionally! What if we told you that you do not need to worry about your accommodations since we have chosen the greatest budget hotel in Samarkand for you?
While staying at the Hotel Billuri Sitora in Samarkand, you don’t have to sacrifice luxury or other amenities too much.
It offers a lodge, a garden, a terrace, and a bar. Every morning, a continental breakfast is served at the Hotel Billuri Sitora. There is a bicycle rental service offered by the lodging.
Hotel Billuri Sitora at a glance
- Location: Khavasi Street 5, 140120 Samarkand, Uzbekistan
- Price: $
- Room Types Offered: Double Room, Single Room, Twin room, Deluxe double room, Superior King Room Available
- Food Information: Coffee House On Site, Fruits, Breakfast in Room, Bar Available.
Suggested – Are you a shopaholic? Explore these 7 shopping malls In Uzbekistan and make the most of your trip.
Conclusion – Best Hotels in Samarkand
Explore the magnificent examples of old architecture, flawlessly shining minarets, brilliant turquoise domes, and mesmerizing mosaics when visiting Samarkand. You can take a stroll through the winding streets and see blue graves and other magnificent mausoleums.
You don’t need to worry about accommodations when visiting the locations because we have you covered with the best hotels in Samarkand that are mentioned above.
Suggested – If you want to enjoy the nightlife in Uzbekistan, visit these nightlife spots.
FAQs – Best Hotels in Samarkand
1. What are the top attractions to visit in Samarkand?
Registan, Shah-i-Zinda, Gur Emir Mausoleum, Bibi Khanym Mosque, Siab Bazaar, and Sher Dor Madrasah are some of the top attractions to visit in Samarkand.
2. What is the best time to visit Samarkand?
It is indeed one of the most picturesque seasons to go, considering September or early October being the best times to visit Samarkand because the weather is still warm but the tourists have thinned down considerably.
3. What are the best restaurants in Samarkand?
Platan, Old city, Karimbek, Muborak-opa, Tumor, and New Arbat are some of the best restaurants in Samarkand.
4. What are the most popular foods in Samarkand?
Shashlik, Hunter’s chicken, lavash with cheese, various cream-soups, dimlama, arabica, Khan’s meat dish, samsa, manty, and pilaff are the most popular foods in Samarkand.
5. Is Samarkand safe for tourists?
Since so many tourists visit Samarkand to take in its beauty and allure, it is safe to travel there. However, we recommend you avoid exploring the city at night alone as exceptions are everywhere.