Are you planning to explore Fremont as a tourist? Here, we’ve mentioned the 15 best things to do in Fremont that you should definitely explore to make the most of your trip.
Fremont is the second largest city in the San Francisco Bay area and a modern city. Though Fremont is not as famous as the cities around it, it is quite famous for its rich history and various attractions related to it.
The city is very beautiful and has a huge number of wildlife areas. The main history of the city started in 1797 with the formation of Mission San Jose.
During summertime, one can enjoy even more adventures and love the city even more. There are a lot of places that one can visit in this beautiful city, some of which are listed below.
Best Things to do in Fremont, California
Without further delay, let’s start our guide on the best things to do in Fremont.
1. Coyote Hills Regional Park
The Coyote Hills Regional Park is a 980-acre piece of land that was established in 1967 and provides a great scenic view.
You can enjoy various outdoor activities such as hiking, horseback riding, biking, and many more in the park.
One can find various wetlands while visiting here, which adds to the beauty of this place.
The park is significant in Fremont’s archaeological history because it contains evidence of the Ohlone tribe’s presence.
- Location – 8000 Patterson Ranch Rd, Fremont, CA 94555, US.
- Famous For – Great Scenic View.
- Visiting Hours – 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
2. Mission Peak Regional Park
The Mission Peak Regional Park is a landmark of this beautiful city in California and is one of the most important parts of the city.
The park is great for various outdoor activities such as biking, hiking, sightseeing, and many more.
People who love adventure often visit this park, which is located on a mountain ridge.
Various photographers and influencers also visit here to take good photos of themselves while enjoying the scenic view of this beautiful place.
Climbers have to climb around 2,000 feet to reach the summit and enjoy the view. For adventure lovers, it is one of the best things to do in Fremont.
- Location – 43600 Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539, US.
- Famous For – Various Adventurous things.
- Visiting Hours – 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
3. Central Park
The Central Park of Fremont covers an area of 450 acres and has a beautiful Elizabeth Lake that covers an area of 80 acres.
The best part about central park is that it is surrounded by Mission Peak Hills, which provides this place with a great scenic view.
If you are traveling with young ones, then this place has a lot of fun activities such as basketball, picnic sites, tennis, and many more.
There are various boats in the lake that can give you a boat riding experience and is a great place for family gatherings. Spending some time at Central Park is the best thing to do in Fremont for sure.
- Location – 40000 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538, US.
- Famous For – Great Scenic View.
- Visiting Hours – 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
4. Lord History Museum
The Museum of Lord History was established in 1994 and has conducted exhibitions related to the history of Washington Township from the very start.
The museum shows the struggles of the families who have moved here and had a hard time settling in and mixing with the local community.
The Washington Township Historic Association and the Mission Peak Heritage Trust, two important organizations with histories spanning more than a century each, are the sources of the materials in the Museum of Local History.
- Location – 190 Anza St, Fremont, CA 94539, California, US.
- Famous For – History of Washington Township.
- Visiting Hours – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
5. Ardenwood Historic Farm
The Ardenwood Historic Farmhouse was created by George Washington Patterson on his estate near Fremont in the year 1857.
The farmhouse was renovated twice, once by him and once by his son, and it still looks quite modern in the 1920s.
In the year 1985, the farmhouse was open to the public, and everyone could visit this beautiful place.
The farmhouse is famous for conducting various different exhibitions and functions throughout the year.
- Location – 34600 Ardenwood Blvd, Fremont, CA 94555, US.
- Famous For – Historic Exhibitions.
- Visiting Hours – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
6. Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area
Visiting Quarry Lakes Regional Recreation Area is one of the best things to do in Fremont. It was established in 1979 and is located in a former gravel quarry.
The park conducts various fun activities such as horseback riding, swimming, picnics, visiting lakes, and many more.
The park is mainly famous for activities related to the water, such as fishing and boating.
There are various picnic sites where you can see families and young couples enjoying their time with each other.
- Location – 2100 Isherwood Way, Fremont, CA 94536, US.
- Famous For – Outdoor activities.
- Visiting Hours – 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
7. Old Mission San Jose
The Franciscan organization established the historical Spanish outpost known as Mission San José in 1797, on the location of an Ohlone hamlet at the time.
The Spaniards erected a total of 14 missions throughout California.
The Mexican secularisation legislation caused the missions to deteriorate after 1833, but many of the old buildings have subsequently been rebuilt.
St. Joseph Church continues to use the former mission church as a chapel.
- Location – 43300 Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539, US.
- Famous For – Various Spanish Missions.
- Visiting Hours – 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Except Monday and Tuesday)
8. Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum and Theatre
The Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum and Theatre help in preserving the old culture of silent movies and show them to audiences while exhibiting the history of silent movies.
The Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum is located in the 100-year-old Nickelodeon movie theater, which is a great deal in itself.
Several legends, such as Charlie Chaplin and Bronco Billy, filmed their movies and entertained the audience for more than a decade.
- Location – 37417 Niles Blvd, Fremont, CA 94536, US.
- Famous For – Preserving culture of Silent Films.
- Visiting Hours – 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM (Saturday and Sunday)
9. Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge
The Don Edwards San Francisco Bay National Wildlife Refuge covers an area of 30,000 acres and is located in the southern part of San Francisco Bay in California.
The refuge was established in 1979 with the primary goal of protecting endangered species, and it is an excellent location for wildlife and migratory birds.
Exploring this wildlife refugee is undoubtedly one of the best things to do in Fremont.
- Location – 2 Marshlands Rd, Fremont, CA 94555, US.
- Famous For – Protecting Animal and Bird Species.
- Visiting Hours – 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
10. Aqua Adventure Waterpark
The Aqua Adventure Waterpark was established in 2009 and is situated inside the central park of Fremont.
One can enjoy various water activities in the park and have fun.
The waterpark is great for families, and you can see various families gathering and having fun at the waterpark.
There are various slides in the waterpark, which has a height of about 40 feet, and a big water-pool where people can have fun.
This is a great place for children, and it will be great if you and your family visit this lovely waterpark during the summer.
- Location – 40500 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538, US.
- Famous For – Water Activities.
- Visiting Hours – 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
11. Dumbarton Bridge
Dumbarton Bridge is the narrowest path between San Mateo and Alameda counties.
The Dumbarton Bridge that we see today is the second Dumbarton Bridge; the first one was constructed in 1927, but due to traffic, the reconstruction of the bridge started.
The reconstruction of the bridge was finished in 1984, and the length of the bridge was 8,600 feet. Locals also refer to this bridge as State Route 84.
The bridge consists of 3 lanes as well as a bike lane.
- Location – Newark, CA 94560, US.
- Famous For – Connecting Bridge.
- Visiting Hours – 24 Hours
12. Museum at Coyote Hills
The Museum at Coyote Hills is a historical museum that talks about the traces of Ohlone Native Americans.
The museum has a great exhibition of various artifacts as well as tools. They also provide you with knowledge of animals living on coyote hills.
On weekends, one can enjoy cooking and eating authentic food that has been served by Ohlone practices for centuries.
The place is so beautiful, and one can enjoy small picnics and get together with their family members. This location offers a brief glimpse of the coyote hills and their habitat.
- Location – 8000 Patterson Ranch Rd, Fremont, CA 94555, US.
- Famous For – Historical Museum.
- Visiting Hours – 10:00 Am to 4:00 (Except Monday and Tuesday)
13. SVCC Temple
Sri Siddhi Vinayaka Cultural Center is a beautiful Hindu temple that was established in 2013. The temple is so beautiful, and one can see a big statue of Lord Ganesh inside the temple.
The priest at the temple will help you learn more about Hinduism, irrespective of where you belong.
The temple not only teaches the teachings of the holy books Gita and Ramayana, but it also assists needy people in times of need.
They have provided food and shelter to various people. One can visit the temple every day of the week and help them serve the poor.
- Location – 40155 Blacow Rd, Fremont, CA 94538, US.
- Famous For – Beings a great Hindu Temple.
- Visiting Hours – 9:00 Am to 12:00 PM, 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
14. The Hayward Fault Exposed
From the beginning of time, the world saw various earthquakes in California, and the Hayward Fault might be the cause of one of the biggest earthquakes in the history of California.
The Hayward Fault covers a distance of 37 kilometers and follows the western foothills on the eastern edge of San Francisco Bay.
The fault covers various different cities, including Fremont. People first witnessed the opening in 2006, and now they visit it as a tourist attraction during weekends.
- Location – Central Park, Fremont, CA.
- Famous For – Future Earthquakes.
- Visiting Hours – 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
15. Fremont Market Broiler
Market Broiler, a branch of the well-known neighborhood restaurant, is situated in the Pacific Communities Commercial District in Fremont.
Market Broiler is a terrific destination for company meals and dinners since it is roomy, pleasant, and has a huge menu with delicious fish and shellfish.
The 18 fish options on the menu are all available for clients to view before they choose each day. Superb meats, pasta, and other dishes are also offered on the menu.
- Location – 43406 Christ St, Fremont, CA 94538, US.
- Famous For – Company Meals and Dinners.
- Visiting Hours – 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
Conclusion – Best Things to do in Fremont
The city of Fremont is one of the best cities that you can visit in California. The city not only has historical sites but also provides you with a great scenic view that you’ll definitely enjoy. If you are visiting California, then Fremont must be on your bucket list.
Now, the guide on the best things to do in Fremont has come to an end. Add these things to your itinerary and make the most of your trip to Fremont.
FAQs – Best Things to do in Fremont
1. What are the most popular tourist attractions in Fremont?
There are various popular tourist attractions in Fremont, such as Coyote Hills Regional Park, Mission Peak Regional Park, Central Park, Ardenwood Historic Farm, Old Mission San Jose, Dumbarton Bridge, SVCC Temple, Fremont Market Broiler, etc.
2. What is the best time to visit Fremont?
The best time to visit Fremont is during the monsoon.
3. What are the best restaurants in Fremont?
There are various restaurants in Fremont, such as the Concord Visitor Center, Strizzi’s Restaurant, Market Broiler Fremont, Papillon Restaurant, etc.
4. What are the best accommodation options in Fremont?
There are various accommodation options in Fremont, such as the Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, Hampton Inn Fremont, Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley, Aloft Silicon Valley, and many more.