Are you planning to visit Santa Clarita? Here, we’ve mentioned the 10 best things to do in Santa Clarita, California that you should definitely experience while visiting there.
The city of Santa Clarita is situated in the golden state of Los Angeles County in the United States. Only 35 kilometers separate the municipality from Central Los Angeles, making the trip there noteworthy.
The city has a population of over 200,000 people, making it the county’s third-largest city. The city is quite popular, with many unknown Hollywood celebrities, and there is a lot to do and see.
The city has a great scenic view, and you can see various scenes around the city. One can enjoy various activities in the mountains.
Here are the best things to do in Santa Clarita that you should definitely experience to make the most of your trip.
Best Things to Do in & around Santa Clarita
Here are the 10 best things to do in and around Santa Clarita, California.
1. Six Flags Magic Mountain
For people who love to spend a fun day with their family and friends, they must visit Six Flags Mountain. There are several rides available here, beginning with a towering roller coaster that pumps adrenaline.
If you’d like something just a bit more sedate, there are rides for people of all ages that are suitable for families, in addition to attractions specifically designed for children.
- Location – 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway, Valencia, CA 91355
- Visiting Hours – 10:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Famous For – Various Rides
2. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor
Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is a great waterpark that provides you with a variety of rides and attractions. There are several small pools where people of different ages usually visit.
The trip to this beautiful place starts at Lazy River, where you can race your friends. There are even various restaurants near the waterpark that serve food of different varieties.
- Location – 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway, Valencia, CA 91355.
- Visiting Hours – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Famous For – Water Rides
3. Vasquez Rocks
Vasquez Rocks are one of the most famous places you can visit in Santa Clarita and have been shown in various movies, such as Star Trek IV and Friends.
The beautiful granite structures offer several photo possibilities for tourists. The place also provides a great trekking track, which is the most popular activity among youngsters. There are even guides who can help and guide you through the track.
- Location – Escondido Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA
- Visiting Hours – 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Famous For – Movie shootings
4. Gibbon Conservation Center
The Gibbon Conservation Center was opened in 1976 for the conservation of gibbon breeds. The public tours are only available on Saturday and Sunday, and no reservations are required.
When you visit the facility for a tour, professional employees and volunteers will guide you around while teaching you everything there is to understand about all these adorable gorillas.
- Location – 19100 Esquerra Road, Santa Clarita, CA 91390.
- Visiting Hours – 10:00 AM
- Famous For – Conservation of Gibbon Species
5. Gilchrist Farm
The farms are open every weekend throughout the year and are especially popular with the children who come here. Here, children learn to pet the animals and interact with them on the farm.
Axe hurling, shooting, and waggon and train trips are a few other entertaining agricultural pastimes. Additionally, you may discover how to milk a goat.
- Location – 30116 Bouquet Canyon Rd, Santa Clarita, CA 91390.
- Visiting Hours – 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Famous For – Learning how to pet animals.
6. The Gentle Barn
People who love animals must visit the gentle barn; it has rescued over 170 animals, including a variety of birds, pigs, and many more.
The Gentle Barn operates on the philosophy of rescuing abused animals and allowing visitors to interact with them in order to create a caring environment that is beneficial to both individuals and animals.
- Location – 15825 Sierra Highway, Santa Clarita, CA 91390.
- Visiting Hours – Sun (10:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
- Famous For – Rescue Animals.
7. Francis Dam
Visiting there is one of the best things to do in Santa Clarita. St. Francis Dam was built in the 1920s, and its disastrous burst in 1926 devastated several towns that came into the river.
There isn’t much of the dam left today, but tourists may visit a number of historical sites and have a personal tour with a top authority on the subject who might describe how the dam was created and what caused it to fail.
- Location – 16 km north of the city of Santa Clarita
- Visiting Hours – 24/7
- Famous For – Being a great tourist attraction.
8. Mentryville Park
The whole first oil discovery in the area happened there in 1876, and historical Mentryville formerly had a bustling oil exploration industry.
The first oil discovery in the area occurred in 1876, and historical Mentryville once had a thriving oil exploration industry.
Thankfully, a few structures were only left to rot; they were eventually rehabilitated and made accessible as a California Heritage Site.
- Location – 27201 Pico Canyon Rd, Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381.
- Visiting Hours – 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Famous For – Oil Exploration.
9. Egg Plantation
The Egg Plantation is a great restaurant that offers around 101 different omelets. The restaurant is situated in Newhall and is quite famous for the variety it serves to its customers.
The breakfast dishes are available at lunchtime along with a variety of delectable salads, hamburgers, and soups.
- Location – 24415 Walnut Street, Newhall, CA 91321.
- Visiting Hours – 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Famous For – Variety of Omelettes.
10. Tesoro Adobe Park
Visit Tesoro Adobe Park if you wish to follow in the footsteps of John Wayne and Gary Cooper. It is undoubtedly one of the best things to do in Santa Clarita.
The park’s initial ranch was built by well-known Western performer Harry Carrey, and once park officials seized control of the land in subsequent years, the community was able to utilize and appreciate the place.
- Location – 29350 Avenida Rancho Tesoro, Valencia, CA 91354.
- Visiting Hours – 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Famous For – Performers.
Conclusion – Best Things to Do in Santa Clarita
So, these are the best things to do in Santa Clarita that anyone visiting there must explore. The Santa Clarita Valley is a beautiful city and allows you to come close to nature and the history of the city. One must definitely visit the city in their lifetime.
FAQs – Best Things to Do in Santa Clarita
1. What are the most popular tourist attractions in Santa Clarita?
There are various tourist attractions in Santa Clarita, such as Tesoro Adobe Park, Egg Plantation, Mentryville Park, St. Francis Dam, etc.
2. What is the best time to visit Santa Clarita?
The best time to visit Santa Clarita is during the monsoons.
3. What are the best restaurants in Santa Clarita?
There are several restaurants in Santa Clarita, such as The Social, Olive Terrace Bar & Grill, Pink Slat Grill Restaurant and Catering, L&L Hawaiin Barbecue, etc.
4. What are the best accommodation options in Santa Clarita?
There are several hotels in Santa Clarita, such as the Hyatt Regency Valencia, the Santa Clarita Motel, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, and the Chatsworth IHG Hotel.
Things to do in –